The year is coming to a close, leaving a stream of memorable, inspiring, and transformative Instagrams from our travelling community in its wake. Each week on gadventures.com, we share our favourite re-grams as seen on the app, from behind-the-scenes shots from our CEOs to selfies from some of the world’s greatest treks. They provide an instant glimpse into the lives of the travelers and tour leaders who have explored our planet over the past year.
Like a well-edited yearbook, a quick backward glance at our chosen shots makes identifying the destinations that defined the year as easy as a simple scroll! Join us as we celebrate the posts you enjoyed most on Instagram this year; here’s what you enjoyed looking at most through the square window throughout 2015.
- Starting us off is a group shot from @bealive14, taken on Day 3 of the Inca Trail.
- Next, Prague Castle—the largest ancient castle in the world according to the Guinness World Records—can be seen here from the Charles Bridge. Thanks to G Adventures Chief Experience Officer @tomypazo for this ‘gram.
- Chefchaouen in Morocco, as seen by traveller @jessemmaharling. Nestled in the Rif Mountains, this city is famous for its blue-washed buildings.
- A very divided sky, taken by G Aventures very own @kauwhata at Thailand's Ao Nang beach.
- Majestic Angkor Wat at sunrise. This may be one the most glorious pictures of the site we've ever seen, taken by traveller/photographer @amacphoto7.
- From majestic to just too darn cute! An alpaca and his very small canine owner in Colca Canyon, Peru. Snapped by our own @elard_photography.
- Wanderer-in-Residence Gary Arndt of @everythingeverywhere takes a long look at the stone faces of Bayon Temple in Angkor, Cambodia.
- Looks like this sea lion has got a serious case of the Mondays! Regram from @nikki_nooch in the Galápagos Islands.
- Everyone thinks they know the Taj Mahal, but Chief Experience Officer @dhananjay30 found this alternative view of India’s most famous monument.
- Drumroll, please! Our most re-gram of 2015 is the colourful lanterns of Hoi An. Taken by traveller @travelbugwithin while on the road in Vietnam.
What's your fondest travel memory from 2015? Tell us in the comments below!
So, where will 2016 take you? G Adventures runs a number of departures encompassing a wide range of departure dates and activities to cater for different tastes. We’re thrilled at the prospect of showing you this big blue planet of ours — check out our small group trips here.