Welcome to the new decade! To celebrate, we're looking back at some of the blog content you loved in 2019. Take a trip back in time with us:
1. Think you know the animals of The Lion King? Think again.
With the release of the "live-action" Lion King earlier this year, we took a closer look at the film's real-life animal counterparts.
2. 6 things you should eat in Iceland
Iceland isn't well-known for its cuisine, which may be why this post was overwhelmingly popular with our readers.
3. 5 Dutch foods that make no sense in English
What's an uitsmijter, and why would you want to eat one? Click the link above to find out.
4. What is 'dark tourism'?
Understanding the at-times troubled and tragic past of the countries we visit can be an integral — and impactful — travel experience, when done respectfully.
5. You say tomato: 3 of Europe's most famous tomato dishes
The versatile fruit (yes, fruit) has a long, proud, delicious culinary history in Europe.
6. Put these lesser-known Thai cities on your bucket list
There's plenty to see beyond Bangkok.
7. 10 nature documentaries to watch for Earth Month
Featuring Jane, about renowned conservationist Jane Goodall.
8. The ABCs of: Vietnamese noodles
This year, we proudly launched our National Geographic Family Journeys collection of tours. Here, we took a look at some of the noodles you'll slurp on a Family Journeys trip to Thailand.
9. The ABCs of:Taiko drums in Japan
Another Family Journeys blog post, this one focused on Japan's storied and historic taiko style of drumming.
10. What makes prosciutto from Italy's Parma region so good?
The delicious cured meat is a speciality of Italy's Parma region — in fact, it's a protected export of the area. We took a deep dive into the tasty snack.
Ready for your next trip? G Adventures can get you there. Check out our wide range of small adventure tours here.